Introducing the afp2pdf transform
The afp2pdf transform converts Mixed Object Document Content Architecture (MO:DCA-P) documents, also called AFP documents, to Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) documents to be viewed, archived, e-mailed, or printed.
The afp2pdf transform can be invoked from the command line. You can also configure the InfoPrint Manager transform subsystem to invoke the afp2pdf transform.
The afp2pdf transform includes this support:
- TrueType font support
- You can convert an AFP document with TrueType fonts, and the TrueType fonts are embedded
in the resulting PDF document.
You can also map your TrueType fonts to create a much smaller PDF file. By adding your TrueType Fonts to the
ttdef.fntfile with settings for the familyname, style, weight appropriately, the afp2pdf transform maps the TrueType fonts.
You can map your DBCS TrueType fonts to Type0 fonts.
TrueType fonts are either embedded as internal resources, or they can be referenced as external resources and mapped. In either case, the font may be defined through the coded font name or with a character set/code page pair.
- Outline FOCA support
- The afp2pdf transform now supports Outline Font Object Content Architecture (FOCA). The addition
of FOCA support improves character placement for AFP raster fonts and provides 100%
font fidelity for AFP outline fonts.
Outline fonts are either embedded as internal resources, or they can be referenced as external resources and mapped. In either case, the font may be defined through the coded font name or with a character set/code page pair.
AFP FOCA Fonts support:
- SBCS Outline
- SBCS Raster
- DBCS Outline
- DBCS Raster, composed from several SBCS Raster fonts and defined by coded font files that contain several character sets- coded page pairs
- Outline IOCA support
- The afp2pdf transform now supports Outline Image Object Content Architecture (FOCA) for the following
output image types:
- Outline GOCA support
- The afp2pdf transform now supports Outline Graphics Object Content Architecture (FOCA).
- CMR support
- The afp2pdf transform now supports Color management resources (CMR).
- JFIF and GIF support
- JFIF or GIF images defined in an AFP document are displayed in the PDF file.
- Inline Medium Map
- The afp2pdf transform now processes the correct medium map for Inline Medium Maps.
- Bar code support
- These bar codes are supported by the afp2pdf transform:
- AIM USS-39
- AIM USS-128
- AIM USS-Codabar
- AIM USS-I 2/5
- Australia Post Four State
- Codabar 2 of 7
- Code 39
- Code 93
- Code 128
- Container Barcode
- Data Matrix
- Data Matrix Structured Append
- Dutch KIX
- EAN Five-Digit Supplemental
- EAN Two-Digit Supplemental
- GS1 DataBar
- Industrial 2 of 5
- Intelligent Mail Barcode
- Japan Postal Bar Code
- Macro PDF 417
- Matrix 2 of 5
- MaxiCode (2D bar code)
- PDF417 (2D bar code)
- QR Code (2D bar code)
- Royal Mail RED TAG
- UCC EAN 128 (modifiers x'03' and x'04')
- UPC Five-Digit Supplemental
- UPC Two-Digit Supplemental
- USPS four-state