- Press Ctrl + F1. All the menu selections on the panel are highlighted. The mouse pointer changes to a question mark. A Help Message window opens with instructions on how to access help.
- Click any highlighted menu selection on the panel. An Information Message window opens.
- Click the OK button on the Information Message window after you have read the information. All menu selections on the panel remain highlighted.
- To view the help for another item, select it.
- When you have completed viewing the information, click the Cancel button on the Help Message window to remove the highlighting and return to normal SMIT operations.
Note: You can also manually highlight a menu selection by using the Tab and arrow keys to navigate to the selection. Pressing F1 for a highlighted menu item opens the help window for that item.