Accurate job completion in the AIX DSS
Accurate job completion means that the job remains in the processing state in InfoPrint Manager until it has completed printing.
The pioinfo and piorpdm backends together with the wait-for-job-completion attribute can be used to improve the accuracy of page counts in the accounting log and to provide accurate job completion support. If you want to have accurate job completion, the wait-for-job-completion attribute must be set to true.
These conditions must be true before you can set wait-for-job-completion to true:
- Your printer backend program must support accurate job completion. The pioinfo and piorpdm commands meet this requirement.
- Your printer must support the PJL language. If your printer supports SNMP, the server
queries the printer to find out whether it supports PJL. Otherwise, you must have
an entry for your printer model in the /usr/lpp/pd/bin/pjlprtrs.cfg file. If any of these conditions apply:
- A printer supports PJL but does not support SNMP
- A printer is not on when you start the InfoPrint AIX server
- A printer's actual destination is not using InfoPrint Manager's SNMP support
- Do not put an entry in the pjlprtrs.cfg file for a printer that does not support PJL.
When you have wait-for-job-completion set to true, your job remains in a processing state in InfoPrint Manager until the last page has been stacked on the printer. The page count shown in the accounting log is the page count reported by the printer for that job. If you have requested a start sheet or end sheet, those pages are part of the page count.