Defining a logical output management system
Use this procedure to define a logical output management system (LOMS) for SAP R/3:
- From the SAP R/3 graphical user interface, complete the
logical output management system definitions by specifying the
- From the Spool Administration: Initial Screen window, click Extended admin and click Logical OMS from the Output management systems pane to obtain a list of the logical output management systems (LOMS) available on your installation.
- From the Spool Administration: List of Logical Output Management Systems window, select the IPM001 LOMS and click Choose (checkmark with a clock).
- From the Spool Administration: Logical Output Management (Display) window, click Change (red pencil).
- From the Spool Administration: Logical Output
Management (Change) window on the SAP Configuration tab:
- Select a value from the pulldown list of all SAP application servers
for both the Tasking target field and the Callback target field in the format:
hostname_systemname_instanceID, such as
The Tasking target field, specifies where the commands are invoked, while the Callback target field specifies where the asynchronous callbacks are delivered.
- Click Extended config. (photo film with two cards superimposed
on top) icon and
specify a value for the Event report level field in the SAP configuration pane
Note: Once you click Extended config., it disappears from the view and the Event report level field is always displayed.
You must select one of these values:
- Final messages
- Also problems
- Also warnings
- Also status changes
- Also information
- All information options
In earlier versions of the SAP GUI, the Event report level field consists of numeric message levels. For the earlier SAP GUI, use the down arrow to determine the message level you want (1 is the least and 5 is the most).
- Select a value from the pulldown list of all SAP application servers for both the Tasking target field and the Callback target field in the format:
- To make sure that users on your SAP R/3 system receive
pop-up windows for both problem and completion notification messages
about a job's status, check the Status dialog box field in
the Jobs pane.Note: Until SAP R/3 Release 4.5B, the pop-up message is always reported only to users in the client where the OMS callback daemon has logged on. You defined this client when you Defining a SAP user for the OMS callback daemon or process. Beginning with SAP R/3 Release 4.5B, SAP delivers asynchronous pop-ups to users who are logged onto any SAP client.
- From the OMS Configuration tab, you can specify how often (Send period field) in seconds or how many (Number of events field) notification events the InfoPrint Manager callback daemon should collect before delivery to the SAP R/3 system. In other words, the callback daemon will only deliver events for jobs on printers associated with this LOMS if it has collected x number or x seconds have passed since the last delivery.
- Save this information by clicking Save (diskette) icon.
- Now you can use the SAP GUI for Defining a SAP user for the OMS callback daemon or process.