Configuring interoperability on the InfoPrint Windows servers
On all Windows servers, do these steps:
- From the Start menu, click Programs → InfoPrint Manager → Management Console.
- Click Edit → Service Configuration.
- In the Settings group box, clear both the Run notification server on this system and Run InfoPrint Manager LPD service check boxes.Note: A notification server was installed with each of your InfoPrint Manager servers. However, now that the namespace is shared, you only need to run one of them . The notification server must be run on the namespace server. Disable all but one of the InfoPrint Manager Notification servers.
- Clear the Base namespace path field and type the drive letter that you want to use to link to the namespace followed
by a colon (for example, type
x:). Use the same drive letter that you used when mapping the network drive.
- In the Remote namespace folder field, enter the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) name of the shared directory on
the namespace server in this format: \\namespaceserver\sharename. The sharename of the namespace on anAIX server is default_cell. For this example,
- Click OK.
- Restart all of the InfoPrint Manager servers by selecting File → Start Server on each Management Console.
- Verify that all of the servers are now sharing the namespace.
- Log on to any one of the machines that holds an InfoPrint Manager server, open a command prompt.
- Start the InfoPrint Manager Administration Interface.
- Click Server → Show All Servers.
You should see a list of all of the servers that are using the namespace. If any of them do not appear, stop the servers and check the settings that you changed in step 2 for that server.