Creating custom steps (transforms)
To create a transform using the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI, an InfoPrint Manager system administrator must set the following values on the Create Transform window. You can access this window by clicking the Server menu, and select Transform → Create.
- Start the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI.
- Select Server → Transform → Create.
- Fill in these values:
- Type a meaningful name for the transform.
InfoPrint Manager references the transform name in transform sequences that are associated with actual destinations.
- If not filled in, either type or select the InfoPrint Manager server in which you
want to create the transform.
Transforms can only be associated with actual destinations in the same server. If the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI is only monitoring one server, this field contains that server name.
- Format of output file
- Select a format for the output file produced from this transform.
- Type a description of this transform that will appear whenever you show this transform through the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI.
- Transform options
- Type the command-line transform and its options, including any InfoPrint Manager substitution variables.
- How to process jobs
- Select how to process jobs. The options are:
- A transform that returns the transformed data to InfoPrint Manager for printing (Transform and print radio button with the Conditional terminating return code field left blank).
- A terminating transform that completes without returning data to InfoPrint Manager to print (Transform only radio button).
- A conditionally terminating transform that might print the data after it has been transformed (Transform and print radio button with the Conditional terminating return code field set to a value that tells InfoPrint Manager not to print the data if the transform returns that return code value).
- Document formats allowed
- Add a format for the input file or file(s) that are being transformed as Values in the Document formats allowed field.
Note: You can specify either one or many document formats as Values. The format of the input file determines whether this transform is called for a job sent to this actual destination.
- Use server locale
- Decide whether InfoPrint Manager should pass the values of attributes specified in the %% substitution variables in the Transform options field in the language of the InfoPrint Manager server or in English, by using the Use server locale radio button. By default, this radio button passes information in the language of the server (Yes).
The transform examples that follow demonstrate common uses of transform objects, using the substitution values shown in Transform substitution variables. Some of these examples presume that an application programmer has created a program with the name specified at the start of the Transform options field.
- If you are specifying any substitutions for which the passed values can contain a blank space, such as
job name, be sure to put quotes around the substitution so it is passed correctly. Note that this only applies to single
%substitution variables. Do not put quotes around any
- The examples that follow presume that the PATH environment variable has been set to the appropriate path so you do not have to specify the fully qualified path name in the Transform options field.
Transform substitution variables
|Transform options substitution variables||Meaning|