Limitations of multiple data set support
This support has these limitations:
- This solution applies only to line mode, mixed mode, or MO:DCA-P data sets.
- You must specify the -n 1 option when you start the mvsprsd daemon on AIX. This support restricts the mvsprsd daemon to receiving one data set at a time. If you did not previously specify the -n 1 argument and received multiple files concurrently, you might wish to start more than one instance of the mvsprsd daemon (using different port numbers) and configure new MVS printers on MVS to communicate with them.
- You must have enough disk space on the AIX system to receive and transform all of the data sets in a multiple data set job. If you do not use this solution, data sets can be received and transformed individually, so less space might be required.
- This solution does not create three types of form definition (FORMDEF) statements in the generation of a comprehensive inline form definition:
- MSU (Map Suppression)
- PFC (Presentation Fidelity Control)
- MFC (Medium Finishing Control)
- PEC (Presentation Environment Control)
- MDR (Map Data Resource)
- You cannot have inline resources with the same name and different content in the same job, except for page definitions and form definitions.
- The job-page-count attribute includes the separator pages when the host separator page is enabled, but the separator pages are not included in the job-page-count for any other jobs.
- When the separator page support is enabled in the host but the data set does not contain
the separator page, the receiver prints the job with InfoPrint Manager separators.
To suppress the InfoPrint Manager separators, you can perform one of the following
- Change the scripts or exits to set the auxiliary-sheet-selection job attribute to none permanently.
- Set the printer-start-sheet, printer-separator-sheet, and printer-end-sheet job attributes to none for the actual destination.
- Set the auxiliary-sheet-selection job attribute to none for the logical destination.