Installing the InfoPrint Manager macOS client
The macOS Command Line Clients and the InfoPrint server are available in these languages:
To install the InfoPrint Manager macOS Command Line clients:
- Log onto the macOS system as root.
- Insert the InfoPrint Manager: Common Clients DVD-ROM, LCD4–5642 into your drive.
- Copy the installer package for the version of the macOS Command Line Client you want
to install to a temporary location. For example:
- To install the macOS Command Line Client, double-click on the
ipr-cmd-4.12.m-n.i586.pkgpackage to launch the installer, where m and n represent the service update level.
If you want to install the macOS Command Line Clients in silent mode:
- Open a command terminal.
- Execute the following commands:
sudo -S installer -verbose -pkg /tmp/ipr-cmd-4.12.m-n.i586.pkg \ -target
where m and n represent the service update level.
- Follow the instructions provided in the installer to finish the installation.
- Remove the DVD-ROM.
- Create a shell script in the language of your choice or manually set these environment
- The name of the host where the InfoPrint server is located.
- The TCP/IP socket number of the port for the InfoPrint server. The default socket is 6874. Use 6874 unless your system has been specifically set up differently, or you have more than one InfoPrint Manager server running on the host.
- The default logical destination in the InfoPrint Manager server. The commands will use this value if you do not specify a logical destination (the -PDestinationName flag) on the command line.
This example shows a Korn shell script to set the environment variables:
export PDHOST="hostname-of-infoprint-server" export PD_SOCKET="6874" export PDPRINTER="name-of-default-logical-destination"
- Test the system:
- Open a command line window.
- Set the environment variables as directed in step 7, either manually or using a shell script.
- Issue one of the chosen commands, followed by the -h f