Commands you can use from the InfoPrint Sun Solaris client
Information about security and how users can be authorized to InfoPrint Manager is found in the topic "Managing security for InfoPrint Manager for AIX" in the InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Procedures publication.
InfoPrint Manager lets authorized users (normally all users) use these InfoPrint commands:
- Lists selected attribute values for a job, destination, or other InfoPrint object
- Submits a job to a logical or actual destination
- Queries the status of selected jobs, of all jobs submitted to a logical destination, or of all jobs assigned to an actual destination
InfoPrint Manager lets authorized users (the job owner is usually authorized) use these InfoPrint commands:
- Modifies the attributes of submitted jobs or of the documents in them
- Deletes jobs
InfoPrint Manager allows only authorized users to use these InfoPrint commands:
- Collects summary accounting information for a specified time period in a comma delimited format about actual destinations on one or more servers. This information can be filed and imported into a spread sheet to calculate the cost of consumables, the usage rate of printers, the cost for each user, and so forth.
- Creates logical destinations, queues, actual destinations, default jobs, default documents, media, auxiliary sheets, and resource contexts.
- Removes all jobs from a server, logical destination, queue, or actual destination.
- Deletes servers, logical destinations, queues, actual destinations, default jobs, default documents, media, auxiliary sheets, resource contexts, and jobs.
- Perform device operation on device associated with specified actual destination.
- Prevents destinations from accepting jobs and logs from logging.
- Enables destinations to accept jobs and logs to log.
- Pauses a job, actual destination, queue, or all the queues and actual destinations in a server.
- Advances a job to the head of the queue.
- Reassigns a job to an actual destination or to the unassigned jobs area in the same server or in another server, and lets you schedule it immediately before or after another job.
- Resubmits a job, all the jobs submitted to a logical destination, or all the jobs in a queue to another logical destination.
- Enables paused objects to resume operation.
- Sets or changes the values of attributes describing InfoPrint objects.
- Stops servers or actual destinations.
- Backspaces or forward spaces a PSF physical printer.