Considerations to activate MID support
Consider these before you activate MID support for your
- Your print device must be capable of supporting MID. Contact your InfoPrint representative
if you are not
sure of your print device capability.
- If you want incoming non-IPDS print requests
to be intermingled with IPDS print requests, it is suggested
that you maintain control over the print mechanism rather than activate
- Jobs must be “stacked" before the print mechanism is released.
This might lead to paper loss for the print device.
- Releasing the print mechanism might prevent the IPDS host from processing subsequent
print requests until the
control is returned to the host (the time depends on the capacity
of each print device).
- The MID support does not allow for sharing of the print mechanism
between two IPDS hosts for InfoPrint printers.