Saving rip files
In some cases, InfoPrint Manager saves the ripped AFP output of a transform to the file /var/pd/server/jobidnumber.docnumber.printermodel.afp. This happens before the AFP is segmented by Input Manager.
This can happen if any of these are true:
- The save-rip-files server attribute is set to true.
- The job-rip-action document attribute is set to rip-and-hold, rip-and-hold-ignore-ready, rip-only, or rip-only-ignore-ready.
- The transform-output-file-name document attribute is set to any value.
In other cases, this AFP file is created for processing the job, and deleted after the job prints. These cases are:
- The output-format document attribute value is set to booklet-print, booklet-print-with-integrated cover, or side-by-side-copies.
- The reverse-page-order actual destination or document attribute is set to true.
- The copy-count document attribute is set to a value greater than 1 for rip-and-print jobs.
- The page-range document attribute is set to any value.