Mapping your fonts to the afp2pdf transform
After determining which font files you need to modify, use these steps to map your fonts:
- Gather the information needed to define the fonts in the font definition files.
- Make backup copies of any of these font definition files you plan to modify:
- Substitute any non-matching characters in the Code Page Map File.See Code Page Map File for information about Code Page Map Files.
- Edit the
cpdef.fntfile and add your code page name, code page identifier, and the best matching Web browser character set name for the fonts you are using.
- If you have created a new character set, edit the
csdef.fntfile and add your character set name in the CHARSET section. Specify the correct attributes for your font in the
csdef.fnt. Add the appropriate information in the FIGID section of the file if you are naming a new font global identifier.
- If you have created a coded font, create or edit the
coded.fntfile and add your coded font.