Installing additional features on an existing InfoPrint Manger for Linux system
Important: You must use the most recent Service DVD-ROM to install features.
- Log on to the Linux system as
- Insert the most recent Service DVD-ROM into the DVD-ROM drive.
- Open a terminal window. If you are using the Common Desktop Environment (CDE), you can open a terminal window by clicking on the terminal icon contained in the front panel. The front panel is the task bar that appears at the bottom of the screen. By default, the terminal icon is contained in a menu above the text editor icon that appears on the front panel.
- Type this at the command line:
- Enter this command to install InfoPrint Manager features:
- Select your preferred language when prompted.
- The Installer advises you to back up the system, using the guidelines described in
Backing up InfoPrint Manager for Linux.Click Next to proceed.
- The installation type screen is displayed. Click Add a FeatureClick Next to proceed.
- The Installer displays the feature selection screen. Select the features that you
want to install. Separate feature DVD-ROMs are required for each feature.Click
Next. You might be asked for feature DVD-ROMS at this time, depending upon your selections.
- Select the features that you want to install, and click
- When feature installation is complete, click
Finishto exit the InfoPrint Installer. The system must be restarted before the installation is complete. If you select
Yes, restart my computer, the system shuts down immediately without any message to other users that a shutdown will occur.Regardless of your selection, the InfoPrint Installer unmounts the DVD-ROM, which you can then remove from the DVD-ROM drive.