Installing required rpm packages
To install the required software from the Linux operating system, do these steps:
- Log into the Linux system as root.
- Insert the appropriate Linux operating system DVD-ROM into the DVD-ROM drive. (See Locating missing required rpm packages for details on rpm packages locations.)
- Open a terminal window. By default, the terminal icon is contained in a popup menu above the text editor icon that appears on the task bar.
- To determine the name of the DVD mount point, enter:
- Mount the DVD, if necessary. Enter:
mount /dev/cdrom /media/<mount_point>
- Navigate to the DVD media using the command:
- Run the following command:
rpm -i missing-package-v.r.l-m.i686.rpm
Note: Using the Add/Remove Software Linux utility is recommended as it auto-resolves and installs all dependencies possible to arise between the Linux operating system rpm packages.