Adding users to and modifying permissions for FST security groups
- Set up the FST Security groups on your Linux IPMMI server by taking the InfoPrint Manager → Security → Groups → Show Group path. From the Single Select List pop-up dialog, you should see these three groups: acl_admin, admin, and oper.
- Once you have verified the existence of these groups and other custom groups, you
should make sure that users in the admin group can issue all the InfoPrint pd
*commands. From IPMMI, take the InfoPrint Manager→ Security → Access Control → Access Control for Operations → Show Access Control List path.
- From the Single Select List pop-up dialog, highlight each command and make sure that
GROUP:admin: r**displays for each command.If a particular pd command does not show admin group read authority, use the IPMMIInfoPrint Manager → Security → Access Control → Access Control for Operations → Change Access Control List path to specify
GROUP:adminin the Users or Groups field of the Change Access Control List panel for that pd command. Note that the admin group requires only read authority for each pd command.
If you have installed InfoPrint Manager on a "clean" machine, the admin group will have read authority for all pd commands by default.
- Once complete, return to the first IPMMI panel displayed in step 2.
- In IPMMI take the InfoPrint Manager → Security → Groups path. Then select
acl_adminfor the Name field. Right-click and select Open to show the Edit Group dialog. Click Add to add a new member to the group. Enter the name of the Windows administrative user, either local or domain, you normally log in to the InfoPrint Manager for Windows server machine as for the User or Users to Add field. Select Member type as FST User.For the remainder of this procedure we will refer to this Windows administrative user as
Administratoruser must be followed by an asterisk (
*) to account for the fully qualified host name. (For example,
From the same panel, specify
adminfor the Name field. Enter the name of the Windows administrative user you normally log in to the InfoPrint Manager for Windows server machine as for the User or Users to Add field. You do not have to do this step for the
- Once complete, click OK to make sure the changes take effect and return to the first IPMMI panel displayed in step 2.