Gathering accounting and auditing data about print jobs
InfoPrint allows you to gather accounting information about print jobs from two sources:
- The InfoPrint Manager Linux server that applies to all device support systems (DSS). For more information, see
Working with InfoPrint Manager server accounting information.
You should use accounting information from the InfoPrint Manager if you:
- need to track accounting information for all types of InfoPrint DSSs.
- want to take advantage of the pdaccount command to summarize data in a spread sheet program.
- The PSF auditing and accounting user-exit programs (applies only to PSF). For more
information, see Working with PSF accounting, post-print accounting, and auditing user-exit
You should use accounting information from the PSF auditing and accounting user-exit programs if you:
- use only PSF attached printers.
- need more detailed information than that provided by the pdaccount command.