Grant appropriate user rights to the domain user on all InfoPrint Manager Windows servers when using a different user than ipm1
- Log on to one of the preferred systems as a user who is a member of the Domain Administrators group.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Settings → Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click the Administrative Tools icon.
- In the Administrative Tools window, double-click the Local Security Policy icon.
- In the right pane of the Local Security Settings Window, double-click Local policies.
- Double-click User Rights Assignment in the right pane.
- In the list of user rights, select Act as part of the operating system and double-click it.
- In the Local Security Policy Setting dialog, click Add.
- In the Select Users or Groups dialog, click the arrow on the drop-down list box and select the domain that your
InfoPrint Manager servers exist in. Find and select the domain user you created, and click Add.
- Click OK in the Select Users or Groups dialog.
- Click OK in the Local Security Policy Setting dialog.
- Repeat from step 7 for two other user rights: Create permanent shared objects and Log on as a service.
For working interoperability, follow these steps as root:
- Add a disabled
Linuxuser using the same name as the user running IPM on the Windows server.
- Add a Samba user for the user created above.
smbpasswd -a <above_user>
- Create the
default_cellSamba share by running this command:
/usr/lpp/pd/install/fstconn.sh -n /var/pddir/default_cell
- Edit the Samba configuration file,
smb.conf. For each available share (
ipdata) add the above Samba user to the list of valid users:
valid users = ipm1 windows_user_1 windows_user_2 windows_user_3 ...