Hierarchy of transform options
InfoPrint assigns a hierarchy to its use of options and configuration-file information when it runs the TIFF, JPEG, or GIF transform program. The following lists the order in which InfoPrint uses command–line options and information specified in configuration files:
- Any values you specify on the command line, including values in the configuration
files you specify with the -C option.
InfoPrint commands process options from left to right. If you enter the same option more than once, InfoPrint uses the last occurrence of the flag to determine the value to use. For example, if you specify this command:
tiff2afp -Cconfig.file -r240 -r300 myfile.tifthe tiff2afp command transforms the file using 300-pel resolution. InfoPrint ignores the resolution value specified in the configuration file
config.fileand the first -r240 flag and value.
- Values specified in the default transform command configuration file named in Default TIFF, JPEG, and GIF transform configuration files.
- Transform environment variables that you set with the export command, if you enter the transform command directly. InfoPrint ignores these environment variables if you invoke the transform command indirectly by submitting a job to print.
- Transform environment variables in the /etc/profile.d/ipm_environment.sh file in your home directory.
- Transform environment variables in the /etc/environment file.
- Default values that are built into InfoPrint. These are the same as the transform defaults.