Specific tasks during migration
Samba software and configuration for IPDATA and interoperating
If the source pdserver that must be migrated is inter-operated with another server, you must set up the interoperating environment on the new server.
To find more information about this procedure, follow the instructions from Configuring InfoPrint systems for interoperability.
If job ticketing is used, you must configure the IPDATA folder. The documentation for this task is found in "InfoPrint Manager Getting Started: Submit Express Client section".
Associated installed products and InfoPrint Manager features
- If you have this feature installed, you must install it from the InfoPrint PPFA Feature DVD on the new server. If you have customized PPFA source files, you need to copy them to the new server for later processing.
- AFP Resource Installer
- This is an independent Windows application. You need to make sure that the resources used by the InfoPrint Manager objects are available on the new system.
Backends and PPD files
ISMU does not automatically back-up and restore the Linux drivers. This operation has to be done manually.
Custom ACIF exits
You need to manually back up and restore any customized ACIF exits that you created.
These are located in
/usr/lpp/psf/bin (apk*, asciinp* and dbblank files) and the source files are located in
You need to complete these steps:
- To see if any MVS Download daemons are running on the source system, enter this command:
#ps -ef | grep mvsprsd
- If the MVS Download daemons are running, you need to copy and restore the following
files, in case you have modified them:
- You need to use the
#lsippgwcommand to see if the IPP Gateway daemon is running and also to get the port the daemon is started on.
- If the IPP Gateway daemon is running, its configuration should be migrated to the target server.
To do this, you must perform the following tasks:
- On the new server, start the IPP Gateway using the startippgw daemon utility or IPMM by following this path: InfoPrint Manager --> IPPGW --> Start.
- Verify that the gateway is working by opening the Internet browser and entering the
following web address, replacing serverhostname with the DNS hostname of the system
where the IPP gateway daemon is running: http://serverhostname:631/printers
where 631 is the default port. If the daemon is using a different port, specify the number of the port you are using. If the gateway is working correctly, you should see a list of the printers that are available through the gateway. All of the InfoPrint destinations should be listed there. Then you need to find the address (URL) of the destination you can print to.
- If your InfoPrint Manager environment has two InfoPrint Manager systems in different name spaces on the same machine, you need to start an IPP gateway daemon for each InfoPrint Manager system.
Registry data about psfin
You need to check first if the psfin data contains the default values. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Management Console.
- Go to Options -> Customize Input Manager.
- Check if these values are the default ones:
- Directory for segment lists:
- Directory for segments and percent usage threshold:
- Workspace management: automatic
- Default segment size: 5000
- Percentage of workspace for retained segments: 5
- Enable trace: unchecked
- Directory for segment lists:
- If the values match the default ones, no work needs to be done; otherwise, you need to modify the defaults on the new server to match the ones from the source server.