Syntax rules applying to all types of GRID files
The GRID files are simple ASCII text files that you can modify through any standard Linux text editor. These rules apply to all of the GRID files:
- Each line in the file cannot contain more than 255 characters
- Separate fields within a line with one or more delimiters (spaces)
- A pound sign (#) indicates the start of comments, which causes InfoPrint to ignore the remainder of that line
- A dash, – , indicates the absence of a particular value, for which InfoPrint substitutes a zero (0)
- An asterisk, * , indicates that a wildcard value (any numeric decimal) is accepted.
- InfoPrint ignores blank lines and extraneous fields.