Changing the server host name and pdserver name
Use this procedure to change the host name of the system that your InfoPrint Manager server runs on.
Changing the server host name
If you change the host name of a server where InfoPrint Manager is running, the system fingerprint is impacted. Any change in the system fingerprint stops InfoPrint Manager pdservers from running. Before changing the host name, make sure that you have a a complete list of your License EIDs so that you are able to generate a new license key once the system fingerprint has stabilized under the new host name.
Note: InfoPrint Manager Linux customers need to open a support ticket through normal channels to request a license recharge to the EIDs because there is viable self-service revoke on these platforms at this time.
To change the server host name, follow these instructions:
- On RHEL 6
- Modify the host name variable in /etc/sysconfig/network file to the new host name of the server.
- On RHEL7
- Modify the old host name of the server to the new host name of the server in the file
- If necessary, change the old host name with the new server name in the file
- For the changes to take effect, restart the machine.
Changing the pdserver nameTo change the pdserver name, follow these instructions:
- Change the old server name with the new server name in
/etc/rc.pd.serversfile (if available).
- Stop all running pdservers. In case of interoperability, stop all pdservers from all interoperated machines.
- Clear the namespace:
# clrfstns /var/pddir/default_cell
- Reset the fst.ports:
- Remove the /var/lib/pd/pdserver.conf file:
# rm /var/lib/pd/pdserver.conf
- Remove the old_server_name file from the
# rm /var/pd/old_server_name/pdb/spooler/old_server_name
- Rename the
mv /var/pd/old_server_name /var/pd/new_server_name
/var/pd/new_server_namecontains one or more files that end with .dev, symlink,
# ln -s /var/pd/new_server_name /var/pd/old_server_nameNote: You can skip this step and remove all printers that have
/var/pd/new_server_nameand recreate deleted printers after step 9.
- Start the
new_server_namepdserver or reboot your computer.