Provides a message that InfoPrint can send to an operator when the job starts printing or sending. This message can alert the operator to something special about the job, for example, that the job contains confidential information.
You can use the synonym start-message.
You can enter a text string of up to 4095 characters that contains information about the job such as:
"This job is very important; call me if there is a problem."
No default value
- InfoPrint validates and schedules jobs using this attribute against the destination attribute start-message-supported.
- InfoPrint sends a message if the actual destination attribute start-message-supported value is true for the actual destination to which InfoPrint submitted the job.
- The destination attribute notify-operator contains the identity of the operators that are to receive the message.
- Sending the start message does not stop the job; normally the job is printed or sent without operator intervention.
- Sending a start message is particularly useful for AIX printer devices that have manual forms feed capabilities. You can send a message alerting the operator to load a special type of paper before starting the job.
- Use this attribute with the job-start-wait attribute for jobs that require operator intervention, for example, loading special forms in the printer device. If the values of the job-start-message and job-start-wait are true, when the job is about to be printed or sent, InfoPrint pauses the actual destination and the person specified by the actual destination notify-operator attribute receives the message specified by the job-start-message attribute. When the operator resumes the actual destination, the job is printed or sent.