Specifies the font resolution, in pels, used for documents printed on this actual destination when no value is specified in the data stream or by the document font-resolution attribute.
Default font resolution
You can enter one of these fixed values:
- The value of this attribute must be one of the values of the font-resolutions-supported attribute.
- Usually the font resolution and the printer resolution match,
but there are two cases when they do not:
- Some printer devices, for example, the InfoPrint 60 and InfoPrint 4000s, can print fonts of any resolution, although the print head is always 600 pels.
- It is possible to print a document created with fonts of one resolution on a printer device with a different resolution by substituting fonts. Depending on the document, the output might or might not be acceptable.
- The open-type value is only valid for printers that support TrueType or OpenType fonts. When you enter the open-type value for this attribute, the -truetype parameter is passed to the sap2afp command and is valid only for SAP datastreams. For more information about sap2afp command, see sap2afp command: transforms SAP OTF or ABAP data to AFP. For more information about TrueType or OpenType fonts, see Using OpenType Fonts in an AFP System.