Changing the hostname of a non-namespace server
- Complete Changing the server host name and IP address on the non-namespace server. At the end of the procedure, the InfoPrint Manager for Windows server should be stopped and can no longer access the namespace on the AIX machine.
- On the system that InfoPrint Manager for Windows runs on, disconnect the network drive that was mapped to the namespace on the AIX machine.
- Log on to AIX server machine as root.
- Follow this path: Smitty → InfoPrint Printing System → InfoPrint Utilities → Configure Secondary Servers (NFS) → Link from Primary Server to Secondary Server
- In the dialog that appears:
- Type the new host name in the Secondary Server Host Name field.
- For Is /ipdata used for job ticketing? answer:
- Yes if you use /ipdata with InfoPrint Submit.
- No if you do not.
- For Retain secondary servers previously defined? answer Yes.
- On the Windows server machine, remap the network drive to the
\\aixserver\var\pddir\default_cellfilesystem using the same drive letter that you used for the network drive that you disconnected in step 2. Map the drive using the same user id and password that you used during the initial multiserver environment setup.
- Log on to the AIX server machine as root.
- Stop the InfoPrint Manager for AIX server.
- Clear the namespace by issuing the
- Create the shared namespace by issuing the
- Start the InfoPrint Manager for AIX server.
- Start the InfoPrint Manager for Windows non-namespace server.
Note: Only a person with
rootuser authority or the InfoPrint Manager user can run this command.