A control is a symbol that is used for delineation and which
can also tell the MVS Download receiver
what it has to do to the mvs_keyword if it converts the mvs_keyword
to an InfoPrint keyword.
Every Mapping statement contains a control. Some of the controls listed
below are used in the
- Do not do any special processing. (Standard delineation)
- Change all of the characters in the mvs_parameter into uppercase when converting it to an infoprint_parameter.
- Change all of the characters in the mvs_parameter into lowercase when converting it to an infoprint_parameter.
- Do not convert this mvs_parameter into an infoprint_parameter. This control is only necessary if no infoprint_parameter is specified on this statement.
Controls behave differently in the different types of Control statements.
- In Default statements, you cannot specify a control.
- In Global statements, you must specify a control, but the
operator is only recognized as a delineator; no matter what operator
you use, it acts like the
- In Mapping statements, you must specify a control.