Tasks for using the XML to PDF transform
The sample xml2pdf configuration file is provided in
install_path\xmltransform\xml2pdf.cfg on Windows. The default paper size can be modified. Additionally, defaults for all
the xml2pdf options can be set in the configuration file.
The syntax of the configuration file is exactly the same as the command line syntax with these additional rules:
- Blank lines are ignored.
- All data on a line after a pound sign is ignored. The pound sign can occur anywhere on a line.
- To include a pound sign in parameter data, it must be escaped; that is, it must be preceded by a backwards slash.
- White space before and after parameter data is removed.
- Parameter data on successive lines is concatenated with a single space between them.
- Parameters can span lines as long as they follow rules 1 through 5.
These are the common tasks you must do when using the XML to PDF transform:
- Create the XML Extender configuration file, xml2pdf.cfg, which lets you configure XML Extender. To create the file:
Copy the sample configuration file,
install_path\xmltransform\xml2pdf.cfg:Note: To modify the sample configuration file, you still need to copy it.
- Edit the file using your preferred editor.