Creating the mapped drive to the Linux namespace that allows interoperability on Windows
ipm1, from the Windows server to shared namespace on the InfoPrint Linux server.
- From the main Windows view, right-click the My Network Places icon, select Map Network Drive. In the dialog, use the Folder field to specify:
Where servername is the name of the InfoPrint Linux server.
- Check the Reconnect at Login check box.
- Click on the Connect Using Different User Name link.
- A dialog box will open asking for a username and password associated with
ipm1. Specify the
ipm1password from the Samba server.
- Click OK when the window opens.
- Click Yes to accept the current login.If the drive mapped correctly, a new window should open to the mapped drive's contents, and Map Network Drive windows should be gone.
- Click Finish to map the drive.
ipm1user. Map the network drive manually before starting InfoPrint Manager Management Console when logged as
Set the drive letter for this network drive as specified in step 4, in the Configuring interoperability on the InfoPrint Windows servers section.
The password for the
ipm1 Windows user must be the same as the password for the
ipm1 SAMBA user.