Editing Printer Properties
- Right-click a printer card and select Properties from the menu.
- Configure the printer settings.
- Specify the printer name. The printer name is required and must be unique.
- IP Address or Hostname
- Specify a valid printer IP address or hostname.
Note: Use a static IP address or, if you use DHCP, make sure that the DNS provides the same IP address constantly for the MAC physical address of the printer network card. Manufacturer, Model, and Printer Type are updated whenever you change IP Address or Hostname and move focus from the field or press the Enter key.
- Add a description for the printer.
- Specifies the name of the printer manufacturer. The system updates the value whenever the IP Address or Hostname changes. You can change the value of this property.
- Specifies the name of the printer model. The system updates the value whenever the IP Address or Hostname changes. You can change the value of this property.
- Printer Type
- Defines the communication channels that are used to collect printer data. Ricoh Supervisor Data Collector uses several communication channels and protocols to retrieve data from the printers
you added in the application. Each Printer Type communicates with the printer through
one or more different channels. The Printer Type value is updated whenever you change IP Address or Hostname. You can change the Printer Type, but we recommend that you do that only if you know
that the type of data you need can be collected through a different communication
- Ricoh Supervisor Data Collector determines the Printer Type by sending a query via SNMP to the specified IP address. Make sure that the SNMP settings are correct.
- For the printer to communicate its details, make sure that the printer is turned on when you add it to Ricoh Supervisor Data Collector.
The following Printer Types are available:
- RICOH Pro VC
- Used with Ricoh continuous form printers from the Pro VC series: Ricoh Pro VC40000, Ricoh Pro VC60000 and Ricoh Pro VC70000.
- InfoPrint 5000
- Used with Ricoh continuous form printers from the InfoPrint 5000 series.
- InfoPrint 4100
- Used with Ricoh continuous form printers from the InfoPrint series: InfoPrint 4000 and InfoPrint 4100.
- RICOH GW Cut Sheet Printer
- Used with printers that are operated through Ricoh GW controllers.
- RICOH EFI Cut Sheet Printer
- Used with printers that are operated through EFI Fiery controllers.
- RICOH TotalFlow Print Server Cut Sheet Printer
- Used with cut sheet printers that are operated through Ricoh TotalFlow Print Server controllers.
- Generic SNMP Printer
- Used with all printers that use SNMP and do not belong to any of the other supported
Note: Generic SNMP Printer collects only printer information. If you need job information, select one of the other Printer Types and make sure the communication channel is enabled at the printer.
Depending on the selected Printer Type, a communication channel becomes available. Enter all the required information.
For more information on the supported printers, see Supported Printers.
- Time Zone
- Select the time zone of the physical printer, for the data collector to be able to
correctly identify the printer and collect accurate data.
This is a required field. If you add a printer using the Scan for Printers function, the field is automatically filled in with the selected printer time zone. You can change the time zone of one printer from the Scan for Printers dialog list and then click APPLY BELOW to set the same time zone for all the printers in the list. If you add the printer manually, choose the correct time zone from the list of Time Zone options.
- To save the changes, click OK.To discard the changes, click Cancel.
This table shows the type of information that Ricoh Supervisor Data Collector can receive from data sources, depending on the selected Printer Type:
|Data collected||RICOH Pro VC||InfoPrint 5000||InfoPrint 4100||RICOH GW Cut Sheet Printer||RICOH EFI Cut Sheet Printer||Generic SNMP Printer||RICOH TotalFlow Print Server Cut Sheet Printer|
|Printer current state||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Printer usage statistics||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Printed paper length (See note *1)||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Number of clicks||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Printer warnings and errors||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Number of printed jobs||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Number of sheets||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes (See note 3*)|
|Number of copies||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes (See note 2*)|
|Number of pages||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes (See note 3*)|
|Job name||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes (See note 2*)|
|Number of impressions||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Job warnings and errors||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
- 1* The data about printed paper length collected by Ricoh Productivity Tracker might not always be exact, due to the printer communication delays.
- 2* For IPDS jobs, Ricoh Supervisor Data Collector does not collect this information from Ricoh TotalFlow Print Server controlled cut sheet printers.
- 3* Number of total pages for the entire printing session.