Scanning for Printers
- In the top-right corner of the Printers page, expand the Add Printer... menu and select Scan for Printers.The Add Printer... menu is disabled when the data collector is offline or when the data source usage limit has been reached.
- In the Scan for Printers dialog box, specify the IP range and the SNMP community name, and then click FIND PRINTERS.
- Select the printers that you want to add and click ADD PRINTERS.
- Select a time zone for each printer in the list and click SAVE.
The system displays the added printers as individual cards on the Printers page.
RICOH Supervisor Data Collector uses the printer time zone to correctly identify the printer and collect accurate data. Make sure that the value set for the Time Zone option matches the time zone settings configured on the printer.
For time zones that observe daylight saving time, the Adjust for daylight saving time automatically check box is selected by default. You can clear the check box if you do not want to apply the daylight saving time adjustment. For time zones that do not observe daylight saving time, the Adjust for daylight saving time automatically option is disabled.
- By default, this option displays the time zone received from the printer.
- You can change the time zone of the first printer from the list and then click Apply Below to set the same time zone for the rest of the printers.
- To edit printer properties, right-click a printer card and select Properties.
- RICOH Supervisor Data Collector can use the Scan for Printers function only if you enable the SNMP v1/v2 protocol on the physical printer. For more information, see the printer documentation.
- When your data source limit is reached, based on your subscription, you cannot add another printer to the data collector. For information on managing account and user settings, see the RICOH Account Administration documentation.
- You can add printers from different networks to the same data collector as long as the data collector can reach both networks. Otherwise, you need a separate data collector for each network.
- To avoid duplicate historical data, make sure that you do not add the same printer to multiple data collectors.
- When the data collector is not connected to the cloud, you cannot add, edit, or delete a data source. When the connection with the cloud is restored, all functions are enabled.