Click , the Settings button, in the top-right corner of the RICOH Supervisor Data Collector main page, and select General Settings, Plug-in Management, or Activity Log.
- General tab
In the General tab, you can configure your data collector according to your needs:
- You can edit the name of the data collector.
- Store Data Locally
- To keep the collected data only locally, enable the Store Data Locally option. To set the storage location, you can enter a file path in the input field
or you can click , the Browse for Folder button, to create or select a folder on the computer where RICOH Supervisor Data Collector is installed. Enabling local data storage may require additional disk space.
- If you enable Store Data Locally, RICOH Supervisor Data Collector does not send data to the cloud and, as a result, you cannot see the data in RICOH Supervisor. Use this option only if you have other means of analyzing data.
- Even if Store Data Locally is enabled, you must have an internet connection for your subscription to be validated.
- RICOH Supervisor Data Collector does not manage your local data storage. If you enable Store Data Locally, the data collector creates a series of files with the data collected from the printers, in the specified location, each time new data is collected. Delete or move any unnecessary files created by the data collector in the data storage location.
- Current version
- This field displays the RICOH Supervisor Data Collector version installed on your system.
- Available updates
- This field displays the latest RICOH Supervisor Data Collector version that is currently available. If an update is available, you can click the download button to download the installation package for the new version.
- You can enter a description for the data collector.
- Use HTTP Proxy Server
- Enable the Use HTTP Proxy Server option if you want to enable proxy settings for the internet connection. Improper proxy configuration may cause connectivity issues with the cloud. If there are any connectivity issues, the system displays an offline status at the top of the main page.
- Host Address
- Specify the IP address or the DNS name for the proxy server.
- Specify the port number for the proxy server.
- Enter a valid user name for the proxy server.
- Enter the password for the specified user name.
- Bypass/Exclude Hosts
- Specify the IP address or the DNS name for the proxy server exceptions. You can add or remove exceptions from the bypass list by using the plus or the minus button. Each exception must be listed on a separated line.
To save the changes, click OK. To discard the changes, click Cancel.
- Plug-in Management tab
In the Plug-in Management tab, you can view information on the plug-ins used for retrieving data from various sources.