Line data file format
Specifies whether the data in the job is record oriented or stream oriented. The value can further classify the record length or the newline character. The RICOH ProcessDirector line2afp data-stream conversion component uses this information when it converts the job into the AFP format. Authorized users can specify this property.
- The job uses the z/OS record format, where the first two bytes of each line specify the length of the line.
- Each record in the job is a fixed length that is n bytes long.
- The job has no length information. It is a stream of data that is separated by a new-line
character. If the job data is in ASCII, the new-line character is
X'0A'. If the job data is in EBCDIC, the new-line character is
X'25'. This is the default value for the file format.
- The job is a stream of data that uses X'nnnn' as the new-line character.
- Database name
- The DownloadLineData workflow that RICOH ProcessDirector provides includes the ConvertLineDataJobIntoAFP step. This step calls the RICOH ProcessDirector line2afp data-stream conversion component, and the step specifies a line data file format value of RECORD.
- The ConvertLineDataJobIntoAFP step template that RICOH ProcessDirector provides specifies a line data file format value of STREAM.
- For detailed information, see the FILEFORMAT parameter in the AFP Conversion and Indexing Facility: User's Guide.