Restoring a previous installation of RICOH ProcessDirector
Reverting to any past installation lets you effectively uninstall recently added features, extensions, or updates.
- When restoring an installation that removes a feature from the system, you must perform a cleanup before attempting to restore the installation. You must disable any objects added when the feature was installed. If there are features containing step templates, if the step templates are used in a workflow outside the provided samples, you must remove the step templates before removing the feature. Features that are removed are marked with the Remove label in the Restore Details panel of the Installation History dialog.
- If a feature was just installed and not used, restore to a point before that feature was installed.
- If the feature was used, request assistance from the Ricoh Software Support team.
- Log in as a user authorized to use Feature Manager.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, choose .
- To launch the installations list, click Installations.
- Select an installation that you want to restore.The Installation Details tab shows a list of features, extensions, and files added with the selected installation. The Revert Details tab lists the features, extensions, and files modified or removed by the selected installation.
- To revert to the selected installation, click Restore.
- The number of installations varies according to value specified in the Installations to store field. If the value is 0, the installations list contains only the baseline installation.
- Storing multiple installations uses more disk space and may increase the time to uninstall and restore the features and extensions.