A step that is based on this step template fills white space areas in AFP files with content, such as images or text. The white space is defined in a control file that you create using the Whitespace Manager feature of RICOH Visual Workbench . When you configure the step, you can choose to create any page groups, index tags, barcodes, hidden areas, and text that are defined in the same control file before filling the white space areas. You use AFP Indexer to create page groups and index tags and AFP Editor to create barcodes, hidden areas, and text.
Job property defaults
- Index first: Yes
- Edit first: Yes
- Visual Workbench control file:
- If the Index first property is Yes, do not run the IndexAFP step because the Index first option provides the same function as the IndexAFP step. It is more efficient to select the Index first option.
- If the Edit first property is Yes, do not run the EditAFP step because the Edit first option provides the same function as the EditAFP step. It is more efficient to select the Edit first option.
- Do not select Index first if the IndexAFP step and the FillWhiteSpace step must be done in different phases. For example, you might need to put the IndexAFP step in the Prepare phase and the FillWhiteSpace step in the Assemble phase after the EditAFP step (or select Edit first).
- Position the step relative to these steps if they are present:
- After a step that converts line data to AFP format (for example, after the ConvertLineDataJobIntoAFP step)
- After a step that converts Xerox data to AFP format
- Before a step that transforms AFP files into another format (for example, before the TransformJobIntoPDF step)
- Before the EnableRepositioning step if you configure the FillWhiteSpace step to create page groups and index tags or text
- Before the PrintJobs step
- If you created fixed-length page groups with the IndexAFP step template, you can use the FillWhiteSpace step template to fill white space areas with content in AFP files that the RICOH Transform features create.