Control files for document processing features
Document processing features use a variety of control files and properties files to manage document processing.
In this section:
- docCustomDefinitions.xml fileThe document properties configuration file (
docCustomDefinitions.xml) defines properties that are used to manage documents. The installation process places a sample file in
/aiw/aiw1/samples/configon UNIX-based operating systems, and in
- docCustomDefinitions.properties fileThe document properties names file (
docCustomDefinitions.properties) defines user interface information for custom document properties. The entries in the
docCustomDefinitions.propertiesfile correspond to the docProperty elements in the
- Document properties template fileThe document properties template file, if it exists, determines which properties go into the document properties file for each job. The template file lets you control the number of document properties to be used, as well as the order of the columns in the document properties file. If you need to maximize performance on your system by assigning only a subset of document properties, make sure that any properties needed by your workflow steps are listed in the document properties template file.
- Document properties fileRICOH ProcessDirector uses information from the document properties file in these processes:
- Property conditions fileSteps based on the SetDocPropsFromConditions step template set document properties or job properties in the current job using a property conditions file. The conditions defined in the file use a comma-separated value (CSV) format. A sample property conditions file is in
/aiw/aiw1/samples/doc/DocPropConditions.csv. If you have the Postal Enablement feature, more sample files are in
Parent topic: Syntax for RICOH ProcessDirector control files