A credential object specifies the user authentication information required to access an SFTP server. If multiple input devices or steps access the same SFTP site with the same credentials, you can specify the user authentication information once in the Credential object and then select that credential in the step or input device that needs it.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Under Objects, click Credentials.
- Click in the top right corner, and select the type of credential object to create:
- Credentials for input device object
- Password credentials use a user name and password for authentication.
- SSH Key
- SSH key credentials require a private key in OpenSSL (traditional SSLeay) or PKCS#8 format. Different utility programs to generate SSH keys are available on each operating system.
- Credentials for data transmitter object
- Static credentials use an authorization code to connect to an application. A user or application can use the same credential repeatedly.
- Session credentials use a password to connect to an application and retrieve temporary authentication data, such as a token. The token is valid for the current communication session with the application and then it expires.
- Fill in the values as needed and click OK.
- You can export entries from the Credentials table to a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file. Click the button in the top right corner of the page and select Export table to CSV. The entries are sorted by name.