Setting up the Automated Verification feature
After you read the Automated Verification overview topics, run the VerifySample workflow. You can then set up Automated Verification by doing the configuration tasks described in this section.
After the initial configuration is complete, test your Automated Verification workflow to make sure it works as you expect it to.
In this section:
- Running the Automated Verification sample workflowThe Automated Verification feature provides a sample workflow that you can examine and run to understand how the feature works. The sample includes a barcode format, a barcode reader, a hot folder input device with a pre-submitted PDF file, and a workflow that includes the ReadBarcodeData step.
- Creating barcode readersBarcode readers represent the cameras and barcode scanners in your system that read barcodes on documents in a print job to verify that each document has been processed. Each camera or barcode scanner requires a barcode reader.
- Defining a workflow that uses barcodes to track jobsYou can define a workflow that reads barcodes on documents in a job. The workflow reconciles the documents with barcodes that were read against the total documents in the job. The workflow can reprint any documents that were not accounted for during reconciliation.
- Enhancing PDF files for Automated VerificationTo process PDF files for Automated Verification, use RICOH ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat to enhance the files. The files must have a page group, which identifies documents, and a verification barcode that contains the Job number job property and the Sequence in child job document property.
- Enhancing AFP files for Automated VerificationMost AFP files that are submitted to RICOH ProcessDirector need to be enhanced before they can be processed for Automated Verification.
- Customizing the Verification recipient document property for PDF filesYou can customize the Verification recipient document property for PDF files that you process at your installation. Operators can then use the Verification recipient property to identify documents that need to be reprinted during manual reconciliation.
- Customizing the Verification recipient document property for AFP filesIf you have the AFP Support feature installed, you can customize the Verification recipient document property for AFP files that you process at your installation. Operators can then use the Verification recipient property to identify documents that need to be reprinted during manual reconciliation.
Parent topic: Configuring the system