Compress file patterns
Specifies one or more pattern-matching strings. Ricoh ProcessDirector uses these strings to identify the files in the job spool directory that the CompressFiles step compresses. The value uses regular expression syntax:
- Period (.) matches a single occurrence of any character (letter or number).
- Asterisk (*) matches zero or more of the preceding character, up to the maximum file name length.
- Backslash (\) is the escape character that means the next character is interpreted literally.
- Dollar sign ($) means that a match signifies the END of the expression.
Characters in the value are case-sensitive. For example, .*PDF$,.*AFP$ represent patterns that are different from .*pdf$,.*afp$. Separate multiple patterns by commas; do not type a space between them.
- To compress all PDF files, including files with names like myfile.pdf.old, set the value to .*pdf,.*PDF.
- To compress all PDF files, excluding files with names like myfile.pdf.old, set the value to .*pdf$,.*PDF$.
- To compress all PDF files with
ABCin the filename, such as
ABC1.pdf, set the value to .*ABC.*pdf,.*ABC.*PDF.
- Database name