PDF segment size
- Database name
- When you create a Ricoh PDF printer with Data stream to send set to JDF/PDF and you keep the default values for First PDF segment size and PDF segment size, Ricoh ProcessDirector clears the values when you click OK. Jobs are not split into segments.
If you right-click the Ricoh PDF printer and select Properties, the values for First PDF segment size and PDF segment size are blank. To split jobs into segments, enter values for First PDF segment size and PDF segment size. Ricoh ProcessDirector does not clear the values when you click OK.
When Data stream to send is set to JDF/PDF, we recommend that you do not set values for segment size when you print normal-size jobs.
- If a PDF job includes a JDF job ticket, both the job and the job ticket are split into segments.
- To get the best production from your printer, try different values for segment sizes until you discover which values work best.
- Ricoh ProcessDirector adjusts segment sizes to account for duplex printing, page exception stapling, and other constraints. If the entire job must be stapled or bound, Ricoh ProcessDirector does not segment the job.
- Ricoh ProcessDirector reports printing status for the entire job, not for individual segments within the job.
- If the AFP Support feature is installed, the AFP segment size property is specified on the Print tab in the job properties notebook.