Cannot log in to Ricoh ProcessDirector
If you use the same user ID and password to log in to Ricoh ProcessDirector that you use for other applications, and you update that password in one place, you are probably using LDAP authentication.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- If Ricoh ProcessDirector uses LDAP to authenticate your credentials when you log in:
The following steps are for the Ricoh ProcessDirector administrator.
- Ask your Ricoh ProcessDirector administrator to verify that you are a member of an LDAP group that has authority to log in to Ricoh ProcessDirector.
- Make sure the LDAP server is working correctly. If it is down, Ricoh ProcessDirector cannot authenticate any users.
- Make sure your user ID is not locked out of your network’s LDAP system. If there is a problem with your credentials in LDAP, ask your LDAP administrator to correct your credentials in LDAP and then try logging into Ricoh ProcessDirector again.
- If you determine that the problem is not related to LDAP authentication, an administrator
can stop and restart Ricoh ProcessDirector.
- Log in to the primary computer as the Ricoh ProcessDirector system user (aiw1 is the default).
- Open the command line.
- Type stopaiw and press Enter.The system tries to shut down all the components. If any error messages are displayed, make note of them and try the stopaiw command again. If error messages still occur, reboot the primary computer.
- Type startaiw and press Enter.The system should start up as usual.
- If the system does not start up correctly, enter the stopaiw command again and check for these common problems:
- Verify that your primary computer, application/secondary computers, and any mounted file systems are still attached to the network and can be accessed from other systems.
- Verify that there is space available on all the file systems that Ricoh ProcessDirector uses on the primary computer, using the command df -m.
- If all the systems have network connectivity and the file systems on the primary computer
have space available, enter the
If you continue to encounter problems, contact Software Support.