You install the base product on a pSeries computer that has the AIX Version 7.2, Technology Level 02 or later operating system installed. Ricoh ProcessDirector names the primary server System.
The primary server:
- Manages all aspects of job processing, from the input devices that receive input files to the printers that print the jobs.
- Processes each job through a series of steps, some of which can call other programs that are not part of Ricoh ProcessDirector to do special processing.
- Manages related applications, such as:
- The IBM DB2 database that Ricoh ProcessDirector uses to store system information.
- The web server that it uses to display the user interface.
- Manages this information center.
- Controls system settings, such as the retention period for jobs after their processing completes and how frequently users must change their Ricoh ProcessDirector passwords.
- Maintains a shared file system that application and secondary servers mount to access system-wide information.