Job submission methods
You can submit jobs to Ricoh ProcessDirector from other systems using FTP, web services, other file copying methods, or a command that uses the LPD protocol. If you have the AFP Support feature installed, you can submit jobs to Ricoh ProcessDirector from host systems using Download for z/OS and AFP Download Plus.
Jobs are submitted to input devices that you define. Input devices receive the job and initiate job processing.
The supported job submission methods are:
- FTP, SCP, or file copy
- You can use an FTP or SCP client, web services, or your preferred file copying method to move print files into a hot folder. You can include a Job Definition Format (JDF) job ticket with the print files. When you copy or move a job to the hot folder directory, the input device that is associated with the hot folder automatically receives the job and initiates job processing.
- RESTful web services
- You can use a REST web service utility to submit jobs. If you can configure your application to use REST web services, you can use the submitFile utility to submit a file to a workflow or hot folder.
- LPD protocol
- You can use the lpr command or another command that uses the LPD protocol to submit jobs to a Ricoh ProcessDirector LPD input device. Specify the name of the LPD input device as the target printer. For example, the name of the LPD input device is the value of the -P option of the lpr command, or of the -p option of the lprafp command.
- Download for z/OS
- Download for z/OS is a separately orderable feature of IBM Print Services Facility (PSF) for z/OS. Download for z/OS automatically sends host system output to other systems in the TCP/IP network, such as Ricoh ProcessDirector, for further processing.
- AFP Download Plus
- AFP Download Plus is also a separately orderable feature of PSF for z/OS. It can gather job attributes and print resources, process PSF exits, convert line data to the AFP data stream, package the job, secure the job, and send the job to another system in the TCP/IP network, such as Ricoh ProcessDirector, for further processing.