Renaming a step in a workflow
When you rename a step, the property values of that step and its connectors remain unchanged. Any jobs that are currently processing in the step go into an Error state. We recommend that you remove as many jobs as possible that use this workflow before you rename a step to avoid complications.To rename a step in a workflow:
- Click the Workflow tab.
- Click the name of a workflow with the step that needs to be renamed.
- Disable the workflow by clicking the switch to the left of the workflow name. If you do not disable the workflow while you edit it, jobs that use this workflow continue to move through steps. When you save, the workflow is momentarily disabled then enabled again. Jobs that are processing in the workflow could move into error.
- In the workflow editor, right-click the step you want to rename and select Properties.
- Enter a new name for the step in the Step name property.
- Click OK.
- Save and enable the workflow.