Adding steps to process deleted jobs
For example, you can add steps that record information about the jobs for audit purposes before they leave the system.
- Click the Workflow tab.
- Click the name of the workflow you want to modify.
- Disable the workflow by clicking the switch to the left of the workflow name. If you do not disable the workflow while you edit it, jobs that use this workflow continue to move through steps. When you save, the workflow is momentarily disabled then enabled again. Jobs that are processing in the workflow could move into error.
- Add the steps that process the deleted jobs.
If you want to process all jobs before you delete them, you can add the steps between the RetainCompletedJobs step and the RemoveJobs step.
- Make sure that you include a RemoveJobs step. Without that step, the jobs remain in the system.
- Set the Step restart type to Delete on the first step that processes the deleted jobs.
For example, you add 3 steps, in this order, to process deleted jobs: WriteJobLog, CopyToFolder, and RemoveJobs. Set the Step restart type to Delete on the WriteJobLog step.
- Do not give more than one step in your workflow a Delete step restart type. If you do, Ricoh ProcessDirector sends deleted jobs to the first step in the workflow with a restart type of Delete.
- Save and enable the workflow.