Setting up the system to use an alternate email server
Emails created by notifications must use the default email server.
Jobs or pages from jobs are sent by the SendEmail step in a workflow.
You must install the PDF Document Support feature to use the EmailDocuments step. Emails with documents attached are created by an EmailDocuments step in a workflow.
Emails sent by workflows might contain more sensitive data or be larger in volume (many separate document emails from a large job). Specifying an alternate email server allows you to route those types of emails differently than the notification emails.
To set up the system to use an alternate email server:
- Click the Administration tab.
- Select Email/SMTP section. and scroll down to the
- In the Alternate SMTP server field, type the address of your SMTP server.
- In the Alternate SMTP port field, type the port number for the alternate SMTP server. Check with your network administrator to make sure this port is open.
- In the Alternate SMTP user name field, type the user name that Ricoh ProcessDirector uses if it has to log in to the alternate SMTP server.
- You might have multiple user names for your SMTP account, for example, one for administrator and one only for outbound emails. Make sure you select the correct user name to use for outbound emails.
- In the Alternate SMTP password field, type the password for the SMTP user name that you entered above.
- Depending on the type of security that the SMTP server uses, fill in the correct field
for the port, Alternate email SSL port or Alternate email TLS port. This port is used to create a secure and encrypted link between the alternate SMTP
server and Ricoh ProcessDirector. Check with your network administrator to make sure this port is open.
- Depending on how your SMTP server is set up, either an SSL port, TLS port, or neither port are used. An SSL port and TLS port cannot be used at the same time. Check your alternate SMTP server settings to make sure which port is used.
- Click SAVE.