Adding or upgrading a feature using Import Package
If you download the feature package file from the Ricoh website, save it to a location that is accessible from Ricoh ProcessDirector. This location can be on the primary computer, a workstation, or a network drive. Remember where you save the file so that you can browse to it from Ricoh ProcessDirector. Additionally, you must extract the file in that location so the EPK file within the downloaded file can be seen.
If you receive the feature package file from a DVD, you need to locate the file on the DVD, copy it from the DVD onto the primary computer, and remember where you put it so you can browse to it.
- If one or more secondary servers are defined and started, stop all of the secondary servers. See Stopping the base product and secondary servers on AIX or Stopping secondary servers on Linux.
- Log in as an administrator or other user with authority to import packages.
- In the left pane, choose .The Feature Manager page opens in a new browser tab.
- Click Import Package.
- In the Package to import field click .
- Select the feature package EPK file for the feature you want to install and click
Open.The import automatically begins.
- When the import finishes, the feature you installed or upgraded appears in the main
Feature Manager window.The feature appears in the Feature Manager table selected.
- In the Available Versions column, use the list to select the version of the feature you want to install.
- Click Install.
- Review the information in the confirmation window, then click OK to continue.The feature is installed, then Ricoh ProcessDirector is restarted to finish the install process.
- Click DISMISS to close the Feature Manager browser tab.
- Log in again.