Starting and stopping the base product when the DB2 server is on a different computer
The Ricoh ProcessDirector primary server and its DB2 client must always be able to connect to the DB2 server. If the DB2 server is installed on a different computer and you reboot that computer, you must stop and restart Ricoh ProcessDirector.
- Log in to the AIX system as the Ricoh ProcessDirector system user (aiw1 is the default).
- Enter this command to stop Ricoh ProcessDirector:
- Reboot the computer where the DB2 server is installed.The DB2 server stops automatically.
- Log in to the DB2 server computer as the Ricoh ProcessDirector DB2 instance user.The default user ID is aiwinst.
- Enter this command to start the DB2 server:
db2 start db manager
- On the Ricoh ProcessDirector primary computer, log in as the Ricoh ProcessDirector system user again and enter this command to restart Ricoh ProcessDirector: