Problem with notification object configuration
A notification email might not be sent because the notification object does not contain the right email address, because the Conditions are not satisfied, because the Notification limit was reached, or because the notification object is disabled.
- Check the Notification limit in the notification object. If messages were not sent because the limit was reached, a message is written in the log for the notification object.
- Some properties can only use a subset of the Comparison values. For example, if you select the Current day as the property for the condition, you must use the = (equal to) or != (not equal to) comparisons. If you select the Current time as the property, you muse use the < (less than), > (greater than), <= (less than or equal to), or >= (greater than or equal to) comparisons.
- Some combinations of properties and their values cannot be used to define a condition because the nature of the properties and when they are set. For example, it is impossible for the status of a job to change to Printing when the Current step is not a step based on the PrintJobs step template, because only that step sets that state.
- Consider what steps in the workflow set the property you want to use for a condition so that jobs are likely to contain a value for the property at the time you specify. For example, if you want to use Current phase or Current step as a condition, make sure that the job property you specify for the event has a value when the job is in the phase or in the step you specify in the condition.
To edit an existing notification object:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, click .
- Click the name of notification object that you want to edit.
- In the General tab, make sure that the email addresses in the Recipient address, Copy address, and Blind copy address fields are correct.
- In the Event tab, make sure the events are defined correctly.
- In the Conditions tab, make sure the conditions are defined correctly and are not combined in a way
that prevents the notification from being sent.The Comparison and Value for each condition must be valid.
- After you are done editing, click OK.
- Enable the notification object when you are ready for emails to be sent.