Enabling an object makes it available to Ricoh ProcessDirector. Objects include servers, notifications, media, and devices such as input devices and printers. Features might add other kinds of objects as well.
- From the Main page:
- Find the object in its portal.
- Right-click the object and select Enable.
- From the Administration page:
- In the left pane, click the object type.
- In the table, right-click the object and select Enable.
- After Ricoh ProcessDirector enables an input device or printer, the symbol next to it changes to the enabled symbol, which is a solid green arrow.
- After a system shutdown and restart, all the printers are disabled. If you want all the printers that were enabled before the shutdown to be enabled after the system is restarted, you can change the Remember enabled status of printers property value to Yes on the System page of the Administration tab.
- Secondary servers enable any input devices and printers that the server manages.