Restricting use of the LPD protocol to submit jobs
- If the parent server of the input devices is a Linux computer or Windows primary computer,
change the Hosts allowed to submit LPD jobs system property. The default is to allow input from all systems.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Hosts allowed to submit LPD jobs field, type a list of authorized host names or IP addresses separated with semicolons.
You can use an asterisk (*) to represent zero or more characters. Values that contain only digits (0–9), decimal points (.), and asterisks (*) are compared to the IP address of the incoming connection. Values that contain one or more alphabetic characters (A–Z, a-z) are compared to the host name of the incoming connection.
A list value of * means that all hosts are allowed to submit jobs. An empty list value means that no hosts are allowed to submit jobs.
- If the parent server of the input devices is an AIX computer, edit the
/etc/hosts.lpdfile on the AIX computer.The default is to deny input from all systems.
- Log in to the operating system as the root user.
- Start SMIT.
- Click .
- In the Name of REMOTE CLIENT field, type the host name or IP address of the system that you want to allow to send
jobs to the Ricoh ProcessDirector server.Note: If you are not using Domain Name Services (DNS), you must fully qualify the host name. For example: mathomhouse.micheldelving.org.
- Press Enter.