The hot folder or SFTP input device parses the file name and determines if it matches the value of the Data patterns property. If the name matches the pattern, the hot folder or SFTP input device counts the file. When the number of files reaches the value set for the Number of files to batch property, the hot folder or SFTP input device submits the files as a single group.
When you use the Number batching method, set these input device properties as indicated:
- Workflow: ParentNoPrint
- Child workflow: The workflow that is appropriate for the print files in the job.
- Submit step: SubmitInputFiles
- Create .zip file: If this property is set to Yes, all input files that match the value set in the Data patterns property are combined as a ZIP file and submitted as a single job. If this value is set to No, all input files are submitted as child jobs.
- Number of files to batch: The number of files that the hot folder or SFTP input device waits to receive before submitting the files as a single group.
- Data patterns: A pattern that matches some part of the file name of your print files. For hot folder or SFTP input devices, the default value is the regular expression: .*$. That pattern matches all file names.